Instagram announced a new update this week, where they are allowing all users to post links to their stories. Beforehand you could only do this if you reached 10,000 followers.
This new update is positive and a significant change for smaller businesses that have not been able to get as many website clicks as they have been able to share clickable links to their story.
This change will be happening globally. If you do not have access now, then you will very soon!
How can I do this?
- Choose the content you want to upload to your story!
- Select on the sticker tool.
- Once you have done this, you will see a “Link” sticker.
- Tap on this, it will allow you to add the link you want, then click done.
- You can then place the sticker anywhere you want on your story, like any regular stickers.
Instagram is currently working on ways to customise the sticker so it is clearer what people will see when they click the link.
To read more about this Instagram update, click on Instagram’s recent blog here.
To read more about updates, digital marketing, SEO and more, click here to read our blogs at Lumos.